The Service includes all of the Hoptale products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance Hoptale's mission: bring a deeper appreciation for different people and places around the world. The Service is made up of the following aspects:
- Developing smart technologies to assist you in creating and sharing travel and local content.
- Offering personalized opportunities to help you access and explore travel information of your interests, including brands, products, and services that we believe will be meaningful and relevant to you.
- Fostering a connected yet dynamic community of global members to communicate, discover, and share their common love for travel.
- Using the information we have to study our Service and collaborate with others on research to make our Service better and contribute to the well-being of our community.
Using the Service
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments to us when using the Service.
Who Can Use Hoptale:
- You must be at least 13 years old.
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments related Services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
- You possess the legal authority to enter into this Agreement and to use the Services, including our websites in accordance with all terms and conditions herein.
How You Can't Use Hoptale:
- You can't impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
- You can't do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent or for an illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You can't threaten, stalk, harm, or harass others, or promote bigotry or discrimination.
- You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
- You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways.
- You can't record, process, or mine information about users.
- You can't use any robot, spider, search/retrieval application, or other automated device, process or means to access, retrieve, scrape, or index any portion of the Service or any Service content.
- You can't modify, adapt, appropriate, reproduce, distribute, translate, create derivative works or adaptations of, publicly display, sell, trade, or in any way exploit the Service or Service content (other than your own content), except as expressly authorized by Hoptale.
- You can't attempt to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username) or solicit, collect, or use login credentials or badges of other users.
- You can't post any objectionable content. Examples of objectionable content include, but not limited to: i) sexually explicit materials; ii) obscene, defamatory, libellous, slanderous, violent, and/or unlawful content or profanity; iii) content that infringes upon the rights of any third party, incuding copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary right, or that is deceptive or faudulent; (iv) content that promotes the use of sales of illegal or regularted substances, tabccao products, ammunition and/or firearms; and (v) gambling, including without limitatin, any online casino, sports books, bingo or poker. Any user can flag content they deem objectionable. Hoptale retains the right to moderate and remove any objectionable content that may get posted, and block the users who post such content.
Permissions You Give to Us.
- We do not claim ownership of your content that you create and publish through the Service. Instead, when you create, upload, publish, share content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and repackage to create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). You can end this license anytime by deleting your content or account.
- You agree and understand that Hoptale may use and promote content created by you in its official social media accounts and other marketing channels.
- Permission to use your username, profile picture, and information about your relationships (such as follows) and actions (such as likes) with accounts, ads, and sponsored content.
- Some Content you see or otherwise access on or through the Services is used for commercial purposes. You agree and understand that Hoptale may place advertising and promotions on the Services alongside, near, adjacent, or otherwise in close proximity to your Content.
- We may, from time to time, decide to change, update or discontinue certain products and features of the Service. You agree and understand that we have no obligation to store or maintain your content or other information you provide, except to the extent required by applicable law.
- You agree that we can download and install updates to the Service on your device.
Certain aspects of the Service may be provided for a fee in the form of a recurring subscription or a one-time transaction. If you elect to use paid aspects of the Service, you agree to the pricing and payment listed on the Service which we may update from time to time.
Our subscription may start with a free trial. The duration of the free trial period will be specified during your subscription sign-up and is intended to allow new and certain former members to try the service. Free trial eligibility is determined by Hoptale at its sole discretion and we may limit eligibility or duration to prevent free trial abuse.
Our subscription automatically renews unless it is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of a free trial period or the end of the current billing cycle. If you cancel your subscription at any time, you will continue to have access to the subscription service through the end of your last paid period.
You agree to defend and indemnify Hoptale and any of its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claims, causes of action, demands, recoveries, losses, damages, fines, penalties or other costs or expenses of any kind or nature including but not limited to reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by third parties as a result of:
- your breach of this Agreement or the documents referenced herein;
- your violation of any law or the rights of a third party; or
- your use of the Services.
Content Removal and Disabling or Terminating Your Account
Updating These Terms
We may change our Service and policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through our Service) before we make changes to these Terms and give you an opportunity to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated Terms, you cancontact us to close and delete your account.
Last revised: March 18, 2019